analysis for 2023-05-16
CALL IN THE MONEY
CALL OUT OF THE MONEY
PUT IN THE MONEY
PUT OUT OF THE MONEY
CALL OI CHANGE
PUT OI CHANGE
No Data Found
1. The Bank Nifty market was analyzed using various data points including the Bank Nifty value, PCR ratio, option open interest, max pain, oscillators, and moving average.
2. The Bank Nifty value on May 11 was 43793.55, and the PCR ratio was 1.32, which indicates a bullish market sentiment.
3. The open interest data for May 11 and 18 expiries showed an increase in both call and put OI, with a higher OI for call options compared to put options. Strike prices 43900 and 43600 showed high OI, with call OI being higher for 43900 and put OI being higher for 43600. The option chain data also showed an increase in OI for out-of-the-money put options.
4. Max pain value was analyzed, and it was found to be at 43500, which is an important support level for the market.
5. The oscillators and moving average data showed mostly bullish signals with a few neutral and bearish signals.
6. The support and resistance levels for Bank Nifty were identified as 43741 and 43542 for support and 43900 and 44165 for resistance.
7. Overall, the analysis indicates a bullish market sentiment, with support levels at 43741 and 43542 and resistance levels at 43900 and 44165. The high OI for out-of-the-money put options could indicate some caution among traders, but the overall trend is bullish. From the option buyer’s perspective, traders may be interested in buying call options for 43900 and 43600 strikes, whereas from the option seller’s perspective, traders may look at writing put options for 43600 strike.
Research & Analysis
This report analyzes the current state of the Bank Nifty market using data from May 12. The report examines the Bank Nifty value, PCR ratio, option open interest, Max Pain, oscillators, moving average, support and resistance levels, and makes predictions about the potential direction of the market from both the option buyer and option seller sides.
2. Bank Nifty Value and PCR:
The Bank Nifty value on May 12 was 43793.55, indicating a bullish sentiment in the market. The PCR ratio was 1.32, which suggests a bullish outlook as well, as the ratio is greater than 1. A PCR ratio greater than 1 indicates that there are more open positions in put options than call options, implying that traders are bearish on the market.
3. Option Open Interest:
The total call OI on May 11 and 18 expiries was 3.15 Cr, while the total put OI was 3.06Cr. The change in call OI was 1.3Cr, while the change in put OI was 1.78Cr, indicating a bullish sentiment in the market. At the strike price of 43900, both call and put OI have increased heavily, indicating that this strike price could be a crucial resistance level. At the strike price of 43600, the put OI has increased, and the call OI has decreased, indicating that this strike price could be a strong support level.
4. Max Pain:
Max Pain is a concept used to predict the potential price level at which the maximum number of options contracts will expire worthless. The current value of Max Pain is 43600, indicating that this could be a crucial support level for the Bank Nifty market.
5. Oscillators and Moving Average:
Out of the 17 signals from oscillators and moving averages, 2 are bullish, 7 are neutral, and 1 is bearish. The moving averages indicate a bullish sentiment, with 14 signals being bullish and 2 signals being neutral. However, the oscillators suggest a neutral to bearish outlook, with 2 signals being bullish and 7 signals being neutral.
6. Support and Resistance Levels:
The strong resistance levels for the Bank Nifty market are at 43900 and 44165, while the strong support levels are at 43741 and 43542.
The Bank Nifty market on May 12 had a bullish sentiment, with the Bank Nifty value and PCR ratio indicating a positive outlook. The increase in both call and put OI suggests that traders are optimistic about the market’s future. The Max Pain value of 43600 and the strong support levels at 43741 and 43542 suggest that the market could find support at these levels. The oscillators indicate a neutral to bearish outlook, while the moving averages suggest a bullish sentiment. The strong resistance levels at 43900 and 44165 suggest that these levels could be challenging to break for the market. Overall, the Bank Nifty market seems to have a positive outlook, but traders should keep a close eye on the support and resistance levels and the trend of the oscillators to make informed decisions. From the option buyer side, the increase in put OI and from the option seller side, the increase in call OI at the strike price of 43900 indicates a crucial resistance level. Similarly, the increase in put OI and the decrease in call OI at the strike price of 43600 indicates a strong support level.